Snort mailing list archives

Feeding mysql db with alert log files.

From: Daniel Gil <danielgil () techemail com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:53:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Iam new on snort.

Iam using snort 2 with mysql and ACID.

Iam just want to know if its posible to feed a mysql db with snort log files that have already been written to disk in
text format (portscan, alerts, and packet logs) in order to analyze them with ACID.

It's seems this task is easy to perform if the logs are in tcpdump format.

I have just found an old script (for snort 1.6.x) by Sean Brown. I couldnĀ“t find any sample of a snort 1.6.x alert log
file in order to compare them with my snort 2 alert log files.

Any advice (as change yer log format to tcpdump) is welcome !.

Thankz in Advance.
                                Daniel.