Secure Coding mailing list archives

Source or Binary

From: michaelslists at gmail.com (silky)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:08:35 +1000

On 7/30/09, Brad Andrews <andrews at rbacomm.com> wrote:

This is something where I have to watch my own mind.  Figuring out a
binary in C++ is very difficult.  The Java is not really a binary, at
least not in the "runs by itself" meaning.  (Everything is (a) binary
in reality, including the file holding this email.)

Of course it's a binary, it "runs by itself", when there is a java vm
to run it. Just like you need a win32 vm to run a typical .exe.

Realizing that java "binaries" hold a lot more is a mental shift that
probably must be actively kept in mind.

Hold a lot more what? This doesn't make sense.

--
noon silky
http://lets.coozi.com.au/