Secure Coding mailing list archives

InformIT: budgeting for software security

From: jim at manico.net (Jim Manico)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:57:12 -1000

What does 'green technology' have to do with infosec?

Data centerers worldwide use at least 3% of all global electricity. With
the growing cost of oil/power - most large corporations are looking for
ways to reduce power consumption at their data centers. Google is
building new database centers near cheap power, cheap land, and cheap
water. Sun has "bet the farm" on Green issues. IBM and Intel have
green/sustainability departments as well.

http://www.baselinemag.com/c/a/Infrastructure/Disruptive-Forces-Sun-Microsystems/

- Jim

Hi Gary,

How can any security conference that has Al Gore as a keynote speaker
be taken seriously? What does 'green technology' have to do with
infosec? And why is his keynote the only one with the tag "/(Please
note that this keynote session will not be available via webcast
replay.)"? /Now there's openness for you  (/sarc). What a joke.

I'm looking forward to your new series of columns; they were getting
too infrequent on Dark Reading.

Cheers,
Stephen

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Gary McGraw <gem at cigital.com