Secure Coding mailing list archives

InformIT: budgeting for software security

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 02:21:19 -0400

Hi sc-l,

Greetings from RSA.  This year the marketing people outnumber the technical people 1000 to 1.  There are over 18,000
people here.  You do the math.

I recently moved my monthly security column from darkreading to informIT.  I am refocusing the column on software
security and business.

My first column just went live: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1189519

It's about a business trick that Phil Venables uses with great success---that is, using TCO to drive security into
software.  This shows what you can accomplish with a combination of software insight and business acumen.

I'm very much interested in your feedback on my move to informIT as well as the content of this first article.  Let me
know what you think.

gem

www.cigital.com/~gem