Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: WiFi sniffing need to be connected?

From: "kalgecin () gmail com" <kalgecin () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 01:51:25 -0600

I think it depends on which client you are trying to sniff. If you are
on wifi then if you put your card in promiscous mode you should be
able to sniff al the data of wireless clients. I've done this a
hundred times. But if your target is on lan then you will need to do
some poisoning.
Hope this helps contact me if you need help.