Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Tool to remotely search for filetypes

From: Gerardo Castillo Alvarado <gecastillo () edelca com ve>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:45:40 -0430

In my understanding what you really need is a DMS or ECM [1]...
if it is not what you expected, maybe you should try psexec [2] with
'dir /s' like you have been adviced.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_management_system
[2] http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx

Best regards!
sthito () gmail com escribió:
Hi List,

  Greetings to all! I am searching for a tool that can remotely login to a
network computer(I have admin privileges to the remote system) and remotely
list/inventorize all the filetypes in the system. I am also looking for a
GUI based option that will generate a report according to a specific type of
file/s (something like a text box where you enter the filetype, e.g. *.txt
and it will draw up a report filetypes in all the drives including hidden
and system files). I can use the C$, D$, ADMIN$ share (or use NET USE), but
it is becoming cumbersome. Also, it would be great if the tool could connect
to multiple systems at once. I am assuming that all the $ shares are
enabled.

Hoping to find a quick response :)

Cheers,
Sthito.

#+919830455119

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org