Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Tool to remotely search for filetypes

From: david lodge <resident.deity () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:35:14 +0100

 Greetings to all! I am searching for a tool that can remotely login to a
network computer(I have admin privileges to the remote system) and remotely
list/inventorize all the filetypes in the system. I am also looking for a
GUI based option that will generate a report according to a specific type of
file/s (something like a text box where you enter the filetype, e.g. *.txt
and it will draw up a report filetypes in all the drives including hidden
and system files). I can use the C$, D$, ADMIN$ share (or use NET USE), but
it is becoming cumbersome. Also, it would be great if the tool could connect
to multiple systems at once. I am assuming that all the $ shares are
enabled.

You don't really need a tool - as you have administrator rights you
can just do a:
dir /s \\host\c$\*.txt

If it's on a different domain, you'll probably need to do a "net use
\\host\c$ /user:username password" first.

Whip this into a quick batch script and off you go...