Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Wired captive portal pen-test

From: "Sergio Castro" <sergio.castro () unicin net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:23:44 -0500

What I mean is that if he's not seeing ARP requests, it means there's a
switch-router there, and not a hub.

As to MITM, if the switch-router is FULLY secured, it is correct, you cannot
launch such attack. But if it has a standard, medium security configuration,
such attacks are possible; I do them all the time. But that's why I said
that he MAY be able to do it, not that he CAN do it :)

Regards,

- Sergio