Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Wired captive portal pen-test

From: "Terry Cutler" <jedi31337 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:46:17 -0400

Interesting request..I'd love to know more myself on this.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Mike Hale <eyeronic.design () gmail com> wrote:
I've used a Nomadix system.  I don't know of any inherent
vulnerabilities, but the Nomadix is deployed as a Gateway with a
switch being necessary for overall connectivity.  The unit itself runs
on VxWorks.

If you are unable to ping any other IPs, it sounds like the actual
switch you're plugged is configured to deny that.

There's also a very good chance that you will be unable to access the
management features from the subscriber side of the network, as that's
a common thing to turn off.

I don't have any specs on the quadriga stuff, but you may have a tough
nut in front of you if it's anything similar to the Nomadix unit.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez