Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Wired captive portal pen-test

From: "Mario Spinthiras" <mspinthiras () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:08:29 +0300

I am not sure what kind of captive portal it was. I know for sure that
if the administrator limited the dns traffic or performed DPI
(cleverly) they could avoid NSTX bypasses. NSTX relies on dns queries
solely to be able to bypass CP. However by limiting the amount of DNS
queries per IP to a more "normal" threshold then NSTX would be
rendered useless.

As for DTP , yersinia seems to be able to handle DTP auditing just
fine. I have not found other tools capable of doing similar audits.

--
Warm Regards,
Mario A. Spinthiras