Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: My Frustrations Step Two

From: Alex Moen <alexm () ndtel com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:31:37 -0600

Actually, this should be done anyway as part of the initial contact with the client, defining the role that the pen tester will take and the scope that is suitable and expected.

Maybe some of the "biggies" in the industry could, or would, create some ideas for RFPs that the client (not the pen tester) should use when determining who will do the pen test, kind of an acid test for the selection. This might be a tough thing to do considering that each industry has different needs, but there should be something that they could come up with...

Alex

Leonardo Cavallari Militelli wrote:
Maybe the best solution should be define a sort of RFP (Request for
Proposal) and steer customers to use it as contractual clauses.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Adriel T. Desautels