Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: My Frustrations Step Two

From: "Erin Carroll" <amoeba () amoebazone com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:30:41 -0800

That's a difficult question with no clear-cut answers. I can say that my
approach to this is one of education to prospective clients. During the
initial scope or RFP process, I make it quite clear that, even if they
choose another vendor, there are questions they should ask to determine if
the service provider is qualified to meet their needs. There have been cases
where clients have needs which I don't feel comfortable in tackling (either
due to lack of experience, available resources, or is a realm we don't
specialize in) but have served as a sounding board or referral source to
point them to a provider which can meet their requirements.

Either my company can do it (and do it right), or we will happily recommend
or refer them to someone who can. In the long run this has come back to
serve us quite well.

--
Erin Carroll
"I cannot brain today, I have the dumb"