Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] admin rights on an IIS 5.0 with unicode bug?

From: Renato Ettisberger <renato.ettisberger () CH PWCGLOBAL COM>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:38:01 +0200

Hi,

I'm doing a pen test and I found a IIS 5.0 (Win2k) with the Unicode bug.

As you know, there is a way to span a shell with admin rights on a IIS 4.0
with the Unicode bug.
I ask me, if there is a way to gain admin rights on an IIS 5.0, Win2k with
the Unicode bug too?

If I'm able to dump the password hash in crude form, how can I crack the
password?

F:0x020020000000000000000000....
V:0x00000000a800000......

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

regards

Renato Ettisberger

computer.