Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: pen testing iis 5

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Peña <jfernandez () sgi es>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:09:13 +0200

ExpLiciT escribió:

Greetings.
I am pen-testing IIS 5 [no hotfixes] running in WinNT 4.0 with no fixes.  At
this point I want to upload a file to the box [nc.exe] and then I will
definately have the box.  How can I go about doing this?

        Easy.
        Since it is UNICODE bug-ridden, you can make *any* file using
        cmd redirection (that is, unless they are using a different
        partition for data, and there are no virtual dirs mapped to the
        C: drive).

        Anyway, you can create simple ASCII files using cmd.exe (need to
        copy & rename it). Since you can do ASCII, you can do binary,
        just create an uuencoded file and uudecode it locally. How?
        Use netsend.com to generate an auto-decoded ASCII file (.com)
        and execute it remotely after downloading it using
        echo MASDFAJKDFAJFA >>file

        Yes, it can be a pain, but it's easily automated...

        Did I say I have such tool ready for prime time? I'll have to
        wait until July 5th, however, to release two tools that
        *completely* automate this task. Yes, I've seen many tools
        regarding UNICODE explotation, I just think mine will be
        much more fun to use :)

        Javi

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA) Service
For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which automatically alerts you to
the latest security vulnerabilities please see:

https://alerts.securityfocus.com/