Penetration Testing mailing list archives

FW: Pen Testing a Oracle database. How to pull data?

From: "Ivan Buetler" <ivan.buetler () csnc ch>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:48:59 +0200

Hi all,

I wrote my little dirthy article about Oracle security. Check out:

http://www.csnc.ch/download/sources/Oracle-Security-Check-CSNC-V2.0.pdf

When doing application security, we ask the client about permissions the
transaction user (trx) has within an application. Does this user require
insert/delete privileges? Do they split admin tasks from normal operations
or does the trx user own all datas? Do they use stored-procedures or how
does it work? Where does the db-client stores its credentials? The article
above might helps you to perform database analysis. It's still a draft!!

Feedback and tips how to increase the quality are welcomed.

Ivan