Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: pen testing iis 5

From: Reverend Lola <reverend_lola () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:12:47 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: ExpLiciT
[mailto:evablunted () freemail absa co za]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 2:31 AM
To: Penetration Testing (E-mail)
Subject: pen testing iis 5

Greetings.
I am pen-testing IIS 5 [no hotfixes] running in
WinNT 4.0
with no fixes.  At
this point I want to upload a file to the box
[nc.exe] and then I will
definately have the box.  How can I go about doing
this?

There are several ways you can do this.  One trick
I've used on pen-tests before:

Put nc.exe on an FTP server somewhere.  Use the old
Unicode vulnerability to run DOS commands on the
target IIS box, and create a text file containing an
FTP script (the script should make the server connect
to the FTP server and download nc.exe).  Then get IIS
to run the FTP script, and you're done.

Hope this helps,

Reverend Lola
The Titanium Sheep
Provider of Steel Wool
Defender of the Fleeceless

Thanks

--ExpLiciT
      'Firewalls are speed bumps not brick walls'