PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Looking for some event and security log monitoring software

From: "Chesmore, Michael [DAS]" <Michael.Chesmore () iowa gov>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:11:50 -0500

I would advocate for OSSEC.  It is open source extremely easy to configure and can handle massive volumes of logs.  The
alerting rules are xml based and very easy to tune.  Plus the author hangs out in the OSSEC IRC all the time.  If you
have a question you can ping him directly.  That is way cool.

We also use SPLUNK and it is great as well, but it can get pretty expensive when you talk about enterprise logging.