PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Looking for some event and security log monitoring software

From: Matthew Perry <mlperry () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:53:27 -0400

I am going to jump on the bandwagon for splunk as well.  I have used the
universal forwarder on windows and linux and they are very lightweight.

- Matt

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM, anthony kasza <anthony.kasza () gmail com>wrote:

The time between polling is configurable.
I too prefer agents as it takes the resource burden away from a single
machine and provides real time log collection. Installing agents isn't
always the best solution, however.
I've been told that Splunk agents (known as Universal Forwarders) have
a minimal resource footprint but I have never used one.

-AK

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Champ Clark III <cclark () quadrantsec com>