PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Looking for some event and security log monitoring software

From: anthony kasza <anthony.kasza () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:56:25 -0500

I second the Splunk suggestion. You can collect events via WMI - no
agents necessary.
OSSEC is a great option as well, but it'll require agents and a Linux
machine for managing agents.

-AK

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Bigger Thomas <udiggity () gmail com> wrote:
You can look at splunk, depending on the size of your environment you
can get by without agents. There is a lot of setup with splunk and it
can get intimidating, but I have found it to often be the best
solution out there. There is a free download that handles 500 Meg's of
logs a day and you can reach out to their sales dept for a temp
enterprise license that will allow more.

Just my two cents.

Please excuse typos, I'm on my mobile