PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Looking for some event and security log monitoring software

From: Brian Schultz <theconqueror () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:10:41 -0400

So I recently started a new job at a small-ish hospital and was tasked with
setting up something that can audit security logs. It sounds and is pretty
vague, but this is for HIPAA compliance. I'm more of an infrastructure guy
and haven't had a chance to deal with security much and my only exposure is
really through the podcast. I have no idea what products are out there to
do these things. The environment here is about 99.99% Windows. I was taking
a look at Solarwinds Log and Event Manager which looks pretty good so far,
but it also requires an agent to be installed on any machines you want to
monitor which can be a hassle.

Is there anything else that I should be taking a look at? GFI Events
Manager or some open-source solution?