PaulDotCom mailing list archives

CD Encryption Question

From: "Gibson, Samuel" <gibsons () my uwstout edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 17:09:50 +0000

Hello,

I recently received a request for data to be sent on an "encrypted CD"  Does anyone know of a way to do this?  The
issue I am running into is that I don't want the receiver to have to install something like Trucrypt.  I also don't
really want to purchase a product for this purpose.

I did find this product http://www.cypherix.com/cryptainerle/  but have never heard anything about it, so I'm a little
nervous about using it.  My confidence isn't increased by the fact that the 3rd review posted at the bottom of the page
does not match the features listed by the product.

I asked if we could send them an encrypted flash drive, as we do have some that have built in encryption support, so
it's possible I may be able to go that route.  I wanted to throw this out there in case they declined the USB.

Thanks,

Sam