PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: CD Encryption Question

From: Ralph Durkee <rd () rd1 net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:34:49 -0400

PGP software from pgp.com can create self decrypting windows executables
protected by a password.

-- Ralph Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, GSNA, GCIA, GPEN

On 6/6/2011 1:09 PM, Gibson, Samuel wrote:

Hello,

I recently received a request for data to be sent on an "encrypted
CD"  Does anyone know of a way to do this?  The issue I am running
into is that I don't want the receiver to have to install something
like Trucrypt.  I also don't really want to purchase a product for
this purpose.

I did find this product http://www.cypherix.com/cryptainerle/  but
have never heard anything about it, so I'm a little nervous about
using it.  My confidence isn't increased by the fact that the
3rd review posted at the bottom of the page does not match the
features listed by the product.

I asked if we could send them an encrypted flash drive, as we do have
some that have built in encryption support, so it's possible I may be
able to go that route.  I wanted to throw this out there in case they
declined the USB.

Thanks,

Sam