PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Linux offline patching

From: Timothy Legge <timlegge () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:05:25 -0400

On 2010-11-23, at 6:04 PM, Zate Berg <zate75 () gmail com> wrote:

And on top of that, you said you are scanning with Nessus, how does the
nessus box get it's updates?  Just curious.

In my setup I have a system that is allowed to access the Nessus update
site.  I have a fairly simple script that downloads the updates for several
licensed feeds to that server and drops them in a web server directory.

The nessus servers then requests the correct update file for it's license
via a cron job.

The setup just requires me to drop a file in the correct directory on the
web server machine to make it request a new scanner's feed file.

Tim