PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Linux offline patching

From: Michael Miller <mike.mikemiller () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:19:44 -0800

If you had a host that could be used as a yum depot I would copy the
patches to that host and create a local_mirror.repo file in
/etc/yum.repos.d .

The other option beside reading a CD/DVD is to create the repo on a
portable drive.  The following link gives a overview on how to create
a yum repo.

http://linuxtechsupport.blogspot.com/2008/06/configuring-yum-in-rhel5.html

My preferred way is via the network or portable hard drive.  It's
allot faster than waiting for that CD/DVD drive to spin up and read.

--mmiller