PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Linux offline patching

From: Zate Berg <zate75 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:57:46 -0500

Just off the top of my head I believe you can burn the latest release to CD
and use it as a yum source.  I saw an article a while back on someone doing
yum updates from CD, he'd burn the latest updates in some fashion to CD and
then just have the box check that for updates, I'll look around for it.

If it's a box that sits just internal and has no internet, but has local
network access, look at doing a RHN Satellite Server or similar.  Especially
if you have multiple servers that are on a shared network, but not connected
to get updates from outside.  I do believe you can side load patches to the
Sat server and have all the local boxes use it for updates.

Zate