PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: How to merge Kismet´s netxml files for use with Giskismet

From: Nils <nils () hemmann de>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 09:38:06 +0200

 I've modified GISKismet to handle subsequent war drives and update
found APs based on stronger signals plus some other minor improvements.
Jabra is currently reviewing the code.

But I'm working on new additions to it. E.g. drawing a circle around
found APs with the radius equal to the distance between strongest and
weakest signal to indicate the coverage.
I'm almost done I just need a function in Perl to create a circle in a
.kml file for Google Earth based on the midpoint (AP strongest signal)
and the already calculated radius (dist. between GPS coord. strongest
and weakest signal)
For various calculation I'm already using the Math::Trig module.
This is an example for a proper circle as .kml file:
http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/circleExample.kml

This is an example of data available for the function:
radius 0.0711783202504164   (km)
GPSLon 6.077177
GPSLat 50.61324       (somewhere in the middle of nothing in Europe ;-)

Any good Perl programmer who could help me out?

Thanks,
Nils