PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: How to merge Kismet´s netxml files for use with Giskismet

From: Nils <nils () hemmann de>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:33:34 +0200

 Hi Robin,
that's something I already tried. After creation of the initial
wireless.dbl file I tried to add other .netxml files ending up with the
following error message:

giskismet   -x ./Kismet-20100825-14-48-13-1.netxml
Checking Database for BSSID:  00:01:E3:EB:xx:xx ...
Checking Database for BSSID:  00:02:78:41:xx:xx...
Checking Database for BSSID:  00:03:C9:54:xx:xx...
Checking Database for BSSID:  00:03:C9:FB:xx:xx... AP added
Error inserting client No such file or directory

When running the same command line multiple times it seems to move on in
the same .netxml file.

But I stumbled upon the following nice script by Patrick Salecker on
http://www.salecker.org/software/netxml2kml/en
It can combine multiple kismet new-core netxml files in a single .kml or
.kmz file but having it working with giskismet would be great, too
especially due to the possibilities of sqlite queries.

Nils