PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Driftnet

From: Bert Van Kets <mailing () vankets com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 14:20:09 +0200

 Hi all,

I will be giving me first infosec presentation in a week and want to
demo the vulnerability of WEP encrypted WiFi networks. The audience is
not very tech savvy so I need keep thing very simple and very visual.
I will first show WEP hacking to demonstrate how easy it is, then
connect to the network and start up Driftnet to demonstrate packet
sniffing visually.
The decryption of the packet stream is done using airtun-ng, connecting
Driftnet to the at0 visrtual network card.

I get some small gif and png images, but not the larger ones. I can not
get any JPG images at all.
Running Driftnet in verbose mode tells me it does find the images, reads
data, but then says 0 bytes retrieved.
WireShark clearly shows the JPG image requests being made.
The images show up fine in the browser.

Anybody know why the JPG images are not showing up in Driftnet?

I'm using BackTrack 4 fully updated.

Thanks.

Bert