PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Protecting your family

From: timlegge at gmail.com (Timothy Legge)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 20:56:22 -0400

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Jason Guyer <guyerjp at yahoo.com> wrote:

I have a baby girl on the way and it suddenly hit me, what am I going to do
to protect my family (myself included) from online attacks? There are
content filters like squid proxy as well as things that do more like
"Untangle" or I can filter through OpenDNS. Any options or suggestions?

Hi

I would start with OpenDNS as it is decent at filtering out a lot of the
sites that you really don't need/want to go to. Next, squid with
dansguardian is a good filter and is highly configurable.  If you have a
spare PC as an inline device I believe IPCop offers at least a transparent
proxy via squid and may include a dansguardian option.

Tim