PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Legit Mass Emails Cause Blacklisting

From: arch3angel at gmail.com (Robert Miller)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:20:21 -0500

Good morning everyone,

We are currently having an issue with our billing software in regards to
sending mass emails.  We use Platypus by Tucows and it has a feature to
mass email our customers.  We want to use this for notifying customers
of outages due to maintenance  but every time we use this feature we get
blacklisted  by SORBS and others.  The company now uses iContact
(http://www.icontact.com/) which stops us from being blacklisted but
because we are using a third party solution we can't put notes into the
accounts that a notification email was sent on x date at y time like we
can when we would use the Platypus feature.

Has anyone ran across this before?

Any suggestions of a solution we can run in house, off the same MS SQL
database that we use for Platypus, and allows for the noting of accounts?

Thanks again everyone!

- Robert
arch3angel