PaulDotCom mailing list archives

U3 enabled device

From: arch3angel at gmail.com (Robert Miller)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:44:37 -0500

I have actually used this variant of the U3 payload to check systems
suspected of being infected.  I also modified it to take live running
memory images using Memory DD ( http://www.mantech.com/msma/MDD.asp ) by
adding the file and editing the vbscript.

Butturini, Russell wrote:
So I think Gonz0r's site has been down for quite a while.  You do need a different version of the U3 universal
customizer to work on Vista.  Also, one of the issues with the original payload is about 95% of the tools on it are
snared by AV.  Of course the benefit of having them loaded on the U3 side is that antivirus can't erase the files.

Check here for some update information.  The U3 solution presented here is a different concept than attack, but you
should be able to take the information and create your own solution)Once again I'm a shameless self promoter):

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/incident-response-u3-switchblade

I hope you share your work with all of us! Feel free to reach out to me if you have more questions.