PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Friendly SOHO router

From: rsreese at gmail.com (Stephen Reese)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 20:15:20 -0500

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Russell Butturini <rbutturini at epictn.com> wrote:
The companies I've been with have been Sonicwall dealers. ?SO let me
interject my .02:

1. ?VPN setup, especially for site to site, is a snap...WAY faster than
Pix/ASAs (I work for a Cisco shop now) or some of the other products
around. ?However the VPN client is not as nice or robust as Cisco's and
is sometimes a major pain to get going. ?However, I would correct one
thing...Without Enhanced OS, there are some limitations to what you can
do with a multiple subnet configuration.

2. ?The price point on the TZ 190 isn't bad; Just send him a quote on an
ASA for comparison!

3. ?The addons are well worth the money. ?Their Internet content
filtering is the fastest and best of any product I've seen. ?The tech
support sometimes isn't the best, even if you buy the most robust
support package they have. ?I've also never cared much for their AV
client either. ?One thing that Enhanced OS can do is function as a
wireless controller for their SonicPoint product, and does so quite
well. ?It also has an integrated Wireless IDS.

So now you're up to $ .04 :-)

Wow another great comment. Thank you Russell!