Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: backorifice-brute

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 00:35:30 +0200

No problem!  I had a similar idea. Won't be so shy next time :-)
On May 12, 2011 12:22 AM, "Patrick Donnelly" <batrick () batbytes com> wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
wrote:
I'm waiting for approval on committing this script. (But I have plenty
to work on, and it's a pretty non-popular service, so no pressure)

I really like how this script is turning out. I have one last request:
I would like to see the port parsing functionality moved to the stdnse
library. Probably stdnse.in_port_range. The function would accept the
string specifying the port ranges and a port table (not a port
number). The string specifying the port ranges should conform to
Nmap's -p syntax (see nmap --help). So I should be able to do this:

boolean = stdnse.in_port_range({number = 31337, protocol = 'udp'},
"T:80,1-30,U:31337,21-25")

--
- Patrick Donnelly