Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: backorifice-brute

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:46:27 -0700

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 09:13:50PM +0200, Gorjan Petrovski wrote:
Ah yes, David proposed the fire and forget method with UDP I guess it's my
fault it got forgotten. I'd be happy to try it out once I finish with some
of the current scripts if that's alright with the mentors.

As far as I know, this protocol was basically obsoleted in 1999 by
BO2K and essentially nobody uses it in 2011.  I think the server may
only work on Windows versions up to Win98.  If it actually is in use,
I hope someone will let us know.  Otherwise I think it is safe to
assume we will have higher priorities avaialble than adding features
to the script.  Not only are there lots of potential improvements to
our existing widely used scripts, but we also have many great new
script ideas at https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap_Script_Ideas.

Cheers,
Fyodor