Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Big Zenmap news - __draw_node MemoryError

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:43:51 +0100

On 26/08/2008 15:59, David Fifield wrote:
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 04:41:02PM +0200, Vladimir Mitrovic wrote:

Now, however, I've run into the following when selecting the topology tab:

CRASH REPORTED:
SYS.PLATFORM: win32
OS.NAME: nt
Zenmap Version: 4.68
TRACEBACK:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "radialnet\gui\RadialNet.pyo", line 769, in expose
 File "radialnet\gui\RadialNet.pyo", line 157, in check_graph_status
 File "radialnet\gui\RadialNet.pyo", line 910, in __draw
 File "radialnet\gui\RadialNet.pyo", line 1092, in __draw_node
MemoryError

Hm, I'll set up a test environment on my XP box and try to find out what's up.

David, any ideas on this one?

What size network mask did you use? Do you get the same error if you
traceroute just one host? It might be that RadialNet is using too much
memory for large scans. It's odd that it would happen in the middle of a
drawing routine.

David Fifield
I specified a /28, but only got responses from 4 hosts.  I get the same
error with any single host I've tried.
I've done that original scan on Linux and had no problems (Looking Great!).
With regard to João's questions [1] about Windows Fonts:
As far as I know, I've only got windows standard fonts installed and the
system is using it's default font Tahoma 8pt (with smoothing).  Zenmap
seems to be using this font too.
I thought I'd try it on a clean install of XP just in case there's some
trickery afoot, but alas, same crash, same error.  I tried turning font
smoothing off too, but that made no difference (I didn't really think it
would, but it was worth a try).

Don't know what to tell you.

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q3/0509.html