nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rogers Outage Canada

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 11:23:34 -0400

On Jul 11, 2022, at 11:15 AM, Victor Kuarsingh <victor () jvknet com> wrote:

This is the most they can and will say.  For liabilities reasons, specifics are likely not in the cards.  As most
services ride over common service networks, its quite possible that a network substrate failure can have a number of
upstream service impacts.  The point here is that the CEO is directly addressing the customer base, which is needed
here.

Yes, unless you get a side-leak from someone in-the-know, I expect either direct or CRTC will be the best source.  I
know a few of us are concerned about if we have any similar risk of impact to our environments, so we will be watching
close for any hints.

- Jared