nanog mailing list archives

Re: ASE - 100 Gig Wave

From: Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 13:33:12 -0400

CC back to the mailing list for visibility, since I ate the CC list.

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 1:31 PM Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc> wrote:

Rod-

Please refer to the usage guidelines found here.
https://nanog.org/resources/usage-guidelines/

14. Posts that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following
subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of
sale; salaries; benefits, profits, profit margins, or cost data; market
shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or
territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or
suppliers.

 I would tend to agree that while most of your posts to the list are
within the guidelines, there have been occasions where a reasonable person
could think you might be skirting the line a bit. In this case :

- Your company works as a broker to procure capacity for others.
- You sent an email to the list that wording wise would be exactly the
same as many of us might send to someone they were looking for capacity
from.

I think most would agree this is pretty clearly against both the usage
guidelines and the spirit of what this mailing list is about.

I would also like to remind you that this list is administered by the
NANOG organization. You have no authority to tell others to 'cease and
desist', and insult someone as 'underemployed' is also not well tolerated
here.

I have looped in the list admins here. It would probably be a good idea to
refrain from future messages that are clearly commercial in nature, or that
contain unnecessary insults.

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 11:28 AM Rod Beck <rod.beck () unitedcablecompany com>