nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Experiment

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 16:56:53 -0700

On Jan 26, 2019, at 16:48, valdis.kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 11:37:05 -0800, Owen DeLong said:
   1.    Compile a list of lists that should be notified of such experiments in
       advance. Try to get the word out to as much of the community
       as possible through various NOGs and other relevant industry
       lists.

As we've discovered after many such events, the overlap between the people who
read those lists and the people running outdated vulnerable software isn't very
large.

While this may be true, if you have a better suggestion for how to reach them, I’m all ears. Otherwise, doing the best
we can to disseminate the information as widely as possible seems the most practicable approach currently available.

Owen