nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Experiment

From: Eric Kuhnke <eric.kuhnke () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 12:29:11 -0800

I think a better question is, once a vulnerability has become widespread
public knowledge, do you expect malicious actors, malware authors and
intelligence agencies of autocratic nation-states to obey a gentlemens'
agreement not to exploit something?

There is not a great deal of venn diagram overlap between "organizations
that will pay $2 million for a zero day remote exploit on the latest
version of iOS" and "people who care about whether Randy Bush recommends
them for a job".