nanog mailing list archives

Re: Whats' a good product for a high-density Wireless network setup?

From: Mike Lyon <mike.lyon () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 22:02:37 -0700

And Aruba also did a kick-ass wireless installation at the new Levi's
Stadium in Santa Clara. Here is a White Paper on it:

http://arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/stadiumRFfund.pdf

-Mike

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 10:51 AM, John Todd <jtodd () loligo com> wrote:

On 20 Jun 2015, at 9:37, Sina Owolabi wrote:

 I'd be grateful for any information on how to calculate for large scale
wifi deployment

[snip]

While it is vendor specific (and therefore subject to certain biases) I’ve
found the Aruba VRD (Validated Reference Design) documentation fairly clear
and applicable to many high-density environments.  It covers theory,
planning, and engineering.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Very-High-Density-802-11ac-Networks-Validated-Reference-Design/ta-p/230891

I’m certain that Cisco, Xirrus, Ruckus, Ubiquiti, Areohive, etc. also have
papers on the topic that (hopefully) have the same basic theory concepts
applied to their specific configuration syntax and special sauces.  I’ve
had good experiences with Aruba with high-density auditorium usage on
several occasions, though I tend to turn off some of the proprietary
features to keep things simple.

There are also some less-formal slide decks on the same topic from Aruba
that are a bit redundant but more conversational:

http://www.wlanpros.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Ultra-High-Density-WLAN-Design-Deployment-Chuck-Lukaszewski.pdf

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/tkb@tkb/86/3/2012%20AH%20Vegas%20-%20WLAN%20Design%20for%20High%20Density.pdf

JT

--