nanog mailing list archives

Re: Carrier Grade NAT

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:06:57 -0700

On Jul 30, 2014, at 3:55 PM, Mark Andrews <marka () isc org> wrote:

In message <53D96DBD.3070601 () dougbarton us>, Doug Barton writes:
On 07/30/2014 11:41 AM, Fred Baker (fred) wrote:
Someone that works for Amazon once told me that they are primed for it now

Pun intended? :)

The best thing Amazon could do would be to stop stocking IPv4 only
CPE devices.  I know this is a hard ask.

The second best thing would be to warn that a CPE device was IPv4
only and won't work with the new IPv6 Internet.

They could also ship dual stack images for all the Kindle models
they have released.

In terms of biggest impact, sure. In terms of the biggest impact to effort ratio, I would argue that AAAA for
amazon.com would be huge.

Owen