nanog mailing list archives

Re: Carrier Grade NAT

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 16:39:14 -0700

On Jul 30, 2014, at 11:41 AM, Fred Baker (fred) <fred () cisco com> wrote:

On Jul 30, 2014, at 8:45 AM, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:

I will say that if amazon would get off the dime and support IPv6, it would make a significant difference.

Someone that works for Amazon once told me that they are primed for it now; the question is whether their customers
tick the box appropriately.

Owens-MacBook-Pro:toneAC owendelong$ host www.amazon.com
www.amazon.com has address 72.21.215.232
Owens-MacBook-Pro:toneAC owendelong$ host www.google.com
www.google.com has address 74.125.239.145
www.google.com has address 74.125.239.146
www.google.com has address 74.125.239.148
www.google.com has address 74.125.239.144
www.google.com has address 74.125.239.147
www.google.com has IPv6 address 2607:f8b0:4005:802::1010

It appears to me that they have failed to tick their own box correctly.

I was talking about Amazon, not AWS. Yes, AWS would help too, but in terms of the Alexa list, Amazon would swing the
percentage meaningfully. I don’t know to what extent AWS would swing the percentage.

Owen