nanog mailing list archives

Re: Opensource tools for inventory and troubleticketing

From: Jason Antman <jason () jasonantman com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 07:38:31 -0500

+1 for Redmine. I've used most of the open source ticketing systems out there at one time or another, and greatly prefer Redmine over all of them. I've always been a big proponent of open source and only using proprietary software if you absolutely have to (to the point of deploying Linux for internal small-scale firewalling and routing (i.e. VM clusters, test environments) before I'll concede that hardware is required), but I'll admit that Atlassian Jira is probably the best ticketing product out there right now. But it's proprietary and costs money. Other than that, Redmine is the way to go.

-Jason