nanog mailing list archives

Re: Requirements for IPv6 Firewalls

From: Sander Steffann <sander () steffann nl>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:55:24 +0200

Hi Bill,

Also, I note your draft is entitled "Requirements for IPv6 Enterprise
Firewalls." Frankly, no "enterprise" firewall will be taken seriously
without address-overloaded NAT. I realize that's a controversial
statement in the IPv6 world but until you get past it you're basically
wasting your time on a document which won't be useful to industry.

I disagree. While there certainly will be organisations that want such a 'feature' it is certainly not a requirement
for every (I hope most, but I might be optimistic) enterprises.

Cheers,
Sander