nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS Reliability

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:39:03 +0000

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 06:36:22PM +0200, Niels Bakker wrote:
* bmanning () vacation karoshi com (bmanning () vacation karoshi com) [Fri 13 Sep
2013, 22:16 CEST]:
    from where?  to where?  what % of the Internet is _not_
    reachable from my DNS service at any given time?  why is
    that acceptable? and more importantly, who's job is it to
    fix/stablize the net so these "remote" locations can reach
    my DNS service?

    "we will answer 100% of the valid DNS queries we receive."

Is this thread even about authoritative or recursive DNS?

      -- Niels.

        Does it matter?

/bill