nanog mailing list archives

Re: guys != gender neutral

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:17:43 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Otis L. Surratt, Jr." <otis () ocosa com>

Having "all walks of life" essentially all around, it really makes one
careful to truly think before speaking. Sometimes we miss this with
everything we have going on, but no one is perfect.

The bottomline is, no one can really sastifisfy any indivdual and
their preference of how they would liked to be addressed. If one is to
be offended or looks for offense they will capitalize on it period. I
try much as possible to avoid those situations.

As is embodied in the FidoNet Principle:

Be ye not overly annoying...

nor *too easily annoyed*.  (Emphasis mine).

It comes down to "if you accuse people of malice in things they said without
any, of course they're going to start a fight with you."

Cheers,
-- jar
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com