nanog mailing list archives

RE: NAT444 or ?

From: Leigh Porter <leigh.porter () ukbroadband com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:11:18 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Arturo Servin [mailto:arturo.servin () gmail com]
Sent: 07 September 2011 01:37
To: Serge Vautour
Cc: nanog () nanog org
Subject: Re: NAT444 or ?

      NAT444 alone is not enough.

      You will need to deploy it along with 6rd or DS-lite.

      Whilst you still have global v4, use it. The best is to deploy
dual-stack, but that won't last for too long.

Regards,
as-

I'm going to have to deploy NAT444 with dual-stack real soon now. So I am expecting to see some issues.

A+P would be nicer perhaps, but none of the CPE I have will support it. I'll try and give people who do NAT in their
CPE a public address for as long as I can, but it'll soon run out and then NAT444 will have to be used and some things
will just not work very well.

--
Leigh Porter