nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rogers Canada using 7.0.0.0/8 for internal address space

From: Matthew Kaufman <matthew () matthew at>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 08:12:23 +0200

On May 26, 2011, at 7:35 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

Unfortunately, the FCC hasn't really allowed us to since it would be very
hard to produce useful bandwidth by today's standards within the bounds
of the spectrum we are allowed to use and the channel separations we
are allowed to use.

You just need to move up in frequency a bit. My slowest ham-band link runs at 12 Mbps and my fastest at over 100 Mbps.

Good reminder that I should renumber the IPv4 portion of that network to somewhere in 44.0.0.0/8 however.

Matthew Kaufman